What’s a Green Business?
Green businesses operate in ways that solve, rather than cause, both environmental and social problems. These businesses adopt principles, policies and practices that improve the quality of life for their clients, employees, communities and the environment.
For every category of conventional consumer goods and services, there are green businesses that can meet your needs. You can find thousands of other green businesses in the National Green Pages.
Green America’s Business Seal of Approval
Green America (formerly Co-op America) is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to harnessing the economic power of consumers, investors and businesses to promote social justice and environmental sustainability.
One way we do this is to help responsible consumers and green businesses find each other in the marketplace. Businesses displaying the Green America Seal of Approval have successfully completed Green America’s screening process and have been approved to be listed as a socially and environmentally responsible — or green — businesses in our National Green Pages directory.
Ecolistic Cleaning is proud to have been a member of Green America since 2005. As a client, you can feel confident that business bearing this seal operate in ways that support workers, communities and protect the environment.
- Getting To Scale
- Great read for small business owners. Expand a green business without selling out!
- An Inconvenient Truth
- Al Gore’s attempt to open our eyes. Staff favorite!
- Your Ecological Footprint
- Find out your own impact on this Earth.
- Ideal Bite
- A daily E-zine for eco-conscious people.
- Baltimore Green Week
- Get involved! Annual week of eco-awareness/conscious activities around the first week of May in Baltimore.
- Urbanite Magazine
- Baltimore mag that supports green businesses and change. We love Urbanite!
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Fairly-traded, handmade products from around the world.
- Baltimore’s eco-friendly living house accessories store.
- Maryland Solar Solutions
- On your roof, your shed, your patio, your garage or to perhaps convert your boat… for your business, residence, your summer home or your winter chalet, their solar electric systems will help you have a direct and significant positive impact on the environment.
- One World Cafe
- Staff recommended vegetarian, vegan, organic, natural food restaurant in Baltimore City.
Green Health & Beauty
- Biggs & Featherbelle
- Health-conscious body care made locally. Great soaps and bath salts. Ecolistic Cleaning has given Biggs & Featherbelle soaps to clients over the years with great feedback!
- Dr. Hauschka
- Holistic beauty/cosmestic care
- New Chapter Organics
- Some of our favorite organic, food-based nutrients!
- Queensboro Shirts
- Where we buy our organic cotton Ecolistic Cleaning shirts that our Natural Cleaning Specialists proudly wear. 🙂 Member of Co-op America